Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

One Challenge After Another

OK, so I keep reporting the activities and advancements here on this blog, but I also report the things that stand in the way.  So here's another one.

Corrupted files.

I solved this problem once, indeed more than once, but it is recurring. I'm not sure of the cause, but I'm getting an idea. I bought a used array, I wonder if it didn't have a virus? My files are becoming corrupted, again. Hmmm.

Kernel, Directory Failures and Unreadable Files.

Add to that the problem that this project consists of hundreds, if not thousands of files.

I have had kernel difficulties with OSX 4.11, which was the original setup for the audio system we used to compose the music. When I switched that G4 over to OSX 10.5.8 , because I added a G5, into the mix, that G4 workstation died, well it didn't die, but it lost it's capability to run dual systems That seems to me like an intentional protocol written into the newer system, in order to force the purchase of a new computer. It's the only answer that makes sense. It corrupted the firmware. That taught me not to mingle the workstations.

Anyway, that first G5 died as well, but that machine had problems to start with. So I bumped that work station up to a G5 Quad. Now that system is corrupted and it seems to be the culprit in corrupting a whole new set of files. I just hope that it doesn't find its way into my Mac Pro OSX 10.13.

I had copied all the files over to a backup drive and that failed too. I lost all those files to a faulty drive. 

It seems I have to keep doing my work over and over again in order to reach the finish line.

I'm concentrating on isolating the files as GFX files, used for printing, but even they are vulnerable. It seems like the only secure medium is a printed hard copy. Let's hope I reach that plateau very soon.

So there you have it - the main culprit in causing massive delays in the process. I think I just need to buy a completely new computer system, with new and larger, secure storage systems. Big bucks, fifty grand? Probably. Oh well. Money I'd rather spend on production, like artwork.

AG