Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Selling Books

I realized that I need to address this issue for those of you wondering what's going on.

Althought Volume One is set up for manufacturing and some degree of distribution and sales have been set up. The release of the books is restricted to Signed and Numbered Limited Editions. I will take orders and have been working on setting up a "shopping cart" scenario. That's not done yet so inquire via email.

One reason is that I am working on developing a server for the e-Storybook. I don't know yet whether to job it out or maintain a server in house. If anyone is savoy to this and would like to discuss it with me, please let me know.

As it turns out, the design adjustments made for the e-Storybook need to be transferred back into the Volume One publishing files. It is, I think, very important that the release versions of the hard copies match the design across the board. I've only done a few sections of that layout and don't expect to address that until the full series (to the end) have been converted. I'm up to scene eighteen of twenty, so within a week or two I will be going back to Volume One to rebuild those printing files.

I do expect to be printing the whole collection sometime soon and developing the publishing parameters for the entire collection in hard copy. The e-Storybook has some other very profound advantages when it comes to integrating animation and gifs into the storybook, so that will be a selling point to becoming a member of the subscription page. None-the-less, the hard copy books will also be available, although the release of the hard copy will be delayed because of the artwork needing to be finished. Whereas, the collection can be released as scenes on the subscription page as the work is completed, which differs from needing it all to be completed for publication in hard copy. That is the direction this is moving, so keep watch.

Gotta go. More later. AG