Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Monday, August 21, 2023

The Libretto/Score

I guess I have to prove that we actual do have a Libretto and a Score,
so here's a shot of those materials.


Both the Libretto and Score are divided into 
Act One & Act Two

Even though Act One Score looks pretty beefy there,
that doesn't include the score for individual Instruments.
It is designed for a 24 piece Pit Orchestra
and what you see there are drafts of the final score
and not all numbers are printed out there.

Below is a long shot of the Production breakdown 
that outlines the timing of the show,
including production numbers and set changes,
assuming the sets are along the lines of the ones I have designed,
which may not be the case, since things have expanded since then.



It doesn't really tell you much, except that 
this degree of Production Breakdown 
is done and hanging on the back of my door.
It's really only a timing document,
 outlining the musical numbers, their timing, length of dialogue, 
scene timing, bridges and set change timing.

Oh, and there is some blocking in there too.
The Libretto has Technical, Operational and Directorial notes included.

In the larger scheme of things, there's way more work to do. 

For now I'm focused on publishing the Illustrated Storybooks.
After that I will publish the Libretto and continue working on the score.

There's still more Arrangements that need to be done,
but there's a lot of numbers that I can do the final score on.

I have to go back and redo the Divisi and the time signatures
(that I lost due to a hard drive failure)
as well as other aspects of the score that need to be addressed.

But I'm not going to touch the music until 
the Illustrated Storybooks are finished and are being published.
Mainly, because I don't want to overburden my computer 
and end up with more hard drive failures.

Truth be told, 
I lost ten years worth of work with numerous hard drive failures, 
work that I had to rebuild or recreate.

That is why it has taken me so long to do this.

Gadzooks!