Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Corvair Truck and other theatre thoughts

I'm still looking for a donor Corvair truck to use in the construction of the parade float. Constructing the show for parades is the first level of the stage show. I'm also anxious to get the sound stage together. Right now the area in the shop is filled with "stuff", but I'm emptying out one of my storage units and I realized that some of my supplies happens to be a lighting grid that I bought years ago from a little theatre and that grid is perfect for the sound/green screen stage. The plan includes doing puppetry on that stage for integration with the artwork in the e-Storybook, but, that stage is also the approximate size of both the parade and little theatre operations/ So that's the primary direction I am headed with studio operations.

My main objective, in terms of pre-production, is to fund the 100k required for the finishing artwork needed for the e-Storybook and the Hard Copy Books. I think I am going to restructure to book series to be aligned more with Acts One and Two, rather than the original seven book series.But in terms of release of the e-Storybook, the layout will be set-up (as a subscription service} in scenes. That is easier to do electronically than it is to do with printing. With the Hard Copy books the problem lies mostly in 1) the number of pages that can fit into a book and 2) the actual cost of production. The Storybook Series extends to around 638 Pages, now that is has been conformed to the HDTV format. If I release "Zach and Zebby's Grand Adventure" in smaller series of seven books, the page numbers are reasonable, but inconsistent, as certain scenes are larger than others. The initial plan was to release three scenes at a time and keep the divisions of Acts One and Two. That's not working out as easily as I thought. So, I need to think that through. Clearly, I can release the e-Storybook online, but there's a fair amount of planning required for that too. It all poses a dilemma. Oh well, we'll get thru it.

If anyone reading this has a source for a reasonably priced truck, let me know. My plan is to use the drive-train, suspension, steering, and possibly the floors. If I do use the floors, I will likely keep the uni-body chassis as well, although my initial thought was to construct the stage platforms to receive only the suspension, so the chassis/body is not important. I do want to use some rear body panels to construct a dump trailer that matches my existing 61 Rampside, so I do want to repurpose the body panels in addition to utilizing the floor panels to create an optional level deck in the Rampside bed. I have gotten a few prices for available trucks, but so far the prices are too high for a truck I'm going to chop up. I'd rather acquire a complete truck that is too far gone for restoration. AG