Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

The Libretto

As I've been preparing The Industry Review Package, one of the elements in the PowerPoint aspects of it has been to include some of the music. I've inserted a few songs along with the sheet music. One if those songs is the recorded duet titled "Completely" It is a love song. I've included the video animation of "Never Been So Near", which you can find further down on this blog and a few other songs.

The instrumental version of "You're The One" is used as a backdrop for my narration of portions of the presentation. That is one of my favorites. I can't wait to hear it with vocals. It's a choral/dance number. But then I have also included "The Stone of Wisdom" and "The Gnomen of The Yard" (a homage to Gilbert & Sullivan)

Those songs, like "Completely" are presented along with the Lead Sheets, so one can follow along and see how the lyrics fit in with the music. All the songs presented are orchestrated, even though the sheet music is simply the Lead Sheet with a piano adaptation. I did piano adaptations of the orchestrations after the music was orchestrated, which is rather backwards. I'll explain that later. But that required that I reconstitute the melody lines out of the orchestrations and isolate the lyrics by assigning a vocal instrument predominance for the purpose of identifying the vocal line. This was a result of the way the music was arranged.

An example being the trumpet in "The Stone of Wisdom", which is the finale of Scene 9, leading into the intermission. That song is well orchestrated and stands up nicely as an instrumental.

So, in making the presentation, as a whole, I am inserting Scene 9 of both the Libretto and the Illustrated Storybook by way of providing a comparison of how the material is presented both literally and on the stage.

So, I realized that both the entire collection of the Storybooks and the Libretto need to be converted over to PowerPoint, for various reasons. I will go into that later, but this is my current effort. I do believe that once that is done, we will be in a very good position to advance into production on numerous advanced levels. The advantages of having that as a production tool are cause for hope... The Gnomes of New Hope ! AG