Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Monday, June 10, 2019

The Gnomes of The Yard

I had a fun conversation with another musician and I mentioned one of the songs from "Zach and Zebby's Grand Adventure".

I wanted to do a homage to Gilbert and Sullivan, so I wrote the lyrics for a song titled "The Gnomes of The Yard" (a play on The Yeoman of The Guard). Shawn and I had fun writing the music for it. The song really has no relation to any specific G&S song, it only has a certain patter-song style and is intended to be reminiscent of G&S. I would not be so presumptuous as to believe that our abilities could even be in the same room. But it's fun and I can't wait to hear it actually implemented, blocked and performed in the context of the Libretto. There is a lot of action back and forth with the song, not as much as some, but it's cool.

These are not The Gnomen of the Yard, these are the Tinkers,
The Tinkers sing in a Barbershop style
 while,  The Tailors sing in a Gospel style.
The compete in a sing-off.

I need to fix this image for presentation here,
so I'll do that today and replace it.
(maybe I'll add the Lyrics to the song, what the heck, it is copyrighted)

Turns out The Gnomen of the Yard is a different illustration;

I guess maybe I'll start talking about the songs in the show. That will help to get the musician frame of mind back in gear. But I still have six more Storybooks to publish. (sigh)

Years ago I experimented with posting a few songs. They are early versions, but fair representations of the songs. I found out that once they are there, they're there. Maybe after we get up and going again on the music, I'll work on managing that better.

Here's a Link to SonicBids. where you will find"Never Been So Near" and "The Chase"
 (not The Gnomen of the Yard) I don't really use it anymore.That site is more for bands. 

Here's a link to SoundCloud, where you will find 
"Never Been So Near" and "The Stone of Wisdom"
(we're working on recording the vocal version of 
The Stone of Wisdom, sung by The Master Gnome)

You know, I think I need to build a producing team for this. I need to free up my time to do the finishing work on the Core Creative Materials, while keeping the momentum up and advancing toward our ultimate goals. I need people who are more aligned with logistics. Frankly, however, the budget needs to be in place, along with HR, before that is likely. The only possibility at this point is active vested partners who can take that load off of me. Realistically, that a commodity that us few and far between. I guess if you don't dig for gold, you'll never find it. AG