Above is one of our new Garden Gnomes and two others below. I'm developing a collection of these "flat" displays from hundreds of watercolor character paintings used in The Illustrated Storybook Series These products will be available once I post them in a "Shopping Cart" on www.imageofthemindstudios.org In calculating what kind of printing operation I would need to set-up for an on-demand printing operation, it seems quite clear to me that if I do enter into a printing operation, managing those affairs will distract from the work that needs to be done on the Stage Musical and other work on Animation & Puppetry. The kind of printing press that needs to be used for this project is something that may be a bit beyond my immediate thinking, in regard to expanding my studio printing capabilities. I say this, not because it is beyond my capabilities, but because entering into that degree of printing, in terms of quality and consistency, will distract my operation away from the primary goals, because I will need to be focused on the production line. I will be expanding the printing operation for an assortment of purposes, including Limited Edition copies of the books, printing the Musical Score/Libretto and other prototype & Limited Edition materials, but larger quantity publication for Retail Distribution requires a higher quality printing presses than I think it is advisable to maintain at this time. It remains a possibility depending on circumstances and expense, but the initial expansion of our capabilities will, by necessity, be limited to smaller production quantities with printing equipment that is less capable of consistent quality on high production quantity. |
That being the case, I invite larger scale printers and publishers to discuss this project with me, because I expect that I will not be able to meet sudden large scale demand, should that occur.
AG