Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Monday, August 31, 2026

Conversations about the Gnomes

UPDATE  8/31/26

  Although I did these videos some time ago, the conversation presented here is a good summary of both the work done and the goals that have always been part of this project.  I changed the date setting so this is basically moved closer to the top, because I am "so close to finishing the Illustrated Storybooks" and I expect to be endeavoring to locate a Theatrical or Literary Agent to pitch this in the numerous markets it was written for. 

   I want people who become involved to hear my thinking on this.

   I will not be selling the project outright. I will be licensing markets based on performance. However, I am also thinking of how I will sell Image of the Mind Studios, when I am too old to carry on with it. So my thinking along these lines is to invite Industry Professionals & Organizations to buy into a newly established Board of Directors. Doing this will allow me to turn the entire studio over to the board when I decide to actually retire from the work of it all. I'm 72 and I expect at least another 10-15 years of some degree of involvement.  I am seeking to build a new studio compound as part of "The Theatrical Development Centre".  So that is one of the goals that this new Board of Directors will be involved in making happen.

   Initially I seek to establish "The Elder Gnomes Joint Venture" as the mechanism to produce this project (The Gnomes of New Hope) across the board. This Joint Venture is part of a larger organizational structure that is designed to support any project coming into the studio environment. Each project is so structured to contain its own management system in accordance with the overall structure and the studio provides certain resources for the project.

   Any organization buying exclusive rights to market in a particular Ancillary Market will be buying a position on that board and obliged to report on the activity in that market and likewise become one of our "Producing Partners".  Each particular project has its own board of Directors, essentially Executive Producers.

   There are multiple degrees of management going on here so I will outline all that on the IMS Management Page after I am finished publishing these Illustrated Storybooks.

Enjoy these funny videos. AG



I took these from my YouTube page, 
which I am only now starting to use.

 The Seven books in the collection are actually 
768 pages long, not 900.

Part Two;


Part Three;

Sorry for the colorful language at one point.


 Since these videos were done three years ago, 
we are very much further along by now.


ARCHIVE (edited)

I believe I am down to the last dozen pages or so 
that need to be finished.

The next stage is to prepare the layout for the printer.

   Now, contrary to what I said in the last video, I am considering setting up IMS Publishing with a print shop. 

    I went thru a lot of difficulty in trying to set a MSRP for the books. Numerous printers were interested in the project, but I need the price per page to be a fixed amount in order to set the project up with proper wholesale pricing that locks in a margin for each step along the production pathway.   Well, I am not finding printers willing to give me the right price.   So that mens we have two choices; web printing (external on-demand printing is now an alternative) or setting up an in-house on-demand print shop. All of these options require volume sales.

   Considering the amount of printing that is needed for other items, Libretto, music score, other publishing projects... setting up a print shop seems like the best option. We'll see what happens. 

   I'm leaning toward licensing the machine bound books to a reputable organization, but the licensing fees will need to be paid up front, based on a minimum quantity.  I'll get into the detail of that later and post that on the IMS Management Page, which is a private page for business parters as is IMS Producing Partners, where other details are posted.

    I continue to explore printing and publishing management options. In the meanwhile, once the full collection is completely ready for release to the public, I will be seeking to open the other markets in an effort synchronize the release of this project across multiple platforms. 

That' all for now... folks !

AG