Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Friday, April 22, 2022

Just to Touch Base

As you can see from the last few posts, I am conforming the layout to the new digital printer specs. While doing this the layout took another step up in terms of the graphic design. I never imagined it would, but while trying to achieve the color balance I was seeking, I thought I'd try some effects, well one in particular. I was completely taken by surprise when an oil paint effect on the background page brought about the kind of change I had in mind. Well, it wasn't exact what I had in mind for the page itself, but rather it changed the relationship between the background page and the text/art, something I wanted, but was unable to achieve until now. I had settled for what I was able to create in that regard, because it was the best I could come up with. But adding this oil paint effect brought about the effect of parchment. Well you might ask why not just use parchment? Well, the background page was essentially built from scratch. I started with a sketch of the shape of the page and built it through many generations of alterations to achieve the look. Unfortunately, the page I am working with now is fixed, because my original working files were lost to failing hard discs. But that's ok. What I have now is what we need.

   So Book One is ready to print and I have determined to build the inventory for Book One while I move onto confirming Book Two. Jency is moving forward at a good pace to complete the artwork. I will need to focus on building the art/drafting work-station. It's underway, but I stopped working on it for other things. That workstation will have a computer built-in so that it can serve both still artwork and animation and link to my main workstation.

   Well, it's be all moving forward, but now that spring is here, I have other outdoor work to do on my vehicles and building maintenance.

   That being said, I can take orders for Book One (via email). The production line is up and running for small quantities, under 500. But turn around time is commensurate to the quantity. A few books at a time, say up to 25, can be delivered within 14 days. It will take longer for larger quantities. Of course, once I build my inventory up to 500, then delivery will be quicker.

Well, that's today's report 

AG