Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Monday, December 20, 2021

Barcodes

Here's a funny graphic I came up with to imply what the show might look like onstage.


 Regarding publishing the Companion Editions of the Storybooks

     It didn't occur to me that the numbering of the ISBNs would throw me off with my book covers. So now that I have created new barcodes for the books, using the IBSNs in their numerical order, I need to replace the barcodes on the books. Well, this has caused me to rethink how it is that I update the pages. I have concluded that it is easier to do it using the final flattened graphic files, as opposed to upgrading the original layered working files. Mostly the reason for this is the absolute massive number of files doing this layout has generated and the variations between those files.  The reason is that I save new work (most of the time) under a new Revision. That way I have the last file as a backup. It really is just incredibly difficult to find the most recent set of files which do not always contain the elements I am looking for.  I say this because, if I walk away from the layout for even a week, I have to spend the better part of a day acclimating myself to the files again. You wouldn't think that to be the case, after all I was the one who ordered the files, but none-the-less I still have trouble finding the correct files. In the past, I have moved forward with a Revision that I thought to be the most recent, only to find I was working with an old file, thus negating the work done on the previous work session. Don't get me wrong, I have methods of working around this, but I am very cautious. Because strangely enough the "last modified" data does not alway record properly, thus giving me a date that sometimes reflects when the file was created, not when it was last worked on. You would think that the file data would be updated every time you save, but that's not always the case. I don't know why that is, I've only observed it to be true. And my search function is practically useless, because it doesn't follow the criteria that you set for it. Mainly because it searches the entire computer and all the hard discs connected to it and no matter what you tell, it to search for, it searches the content not just the filename. That seems to be the case, I have no real good explanation. I only know that for the most part,  45 minutes later it give me squat and a thousand files. it's easier to just do it manually.  I guess I just need to move all the files that I know are outdated to another disc. Except, sometimes I need that old revision to recover a design element that I am looking for. By that I mean a design element that will allow me to work with it for my purposes. I've even taken to modifying the graphic to give me a working document, more often than not that is quicker and easier than trying to locate the file I want. It' crazy.

    Anyway, that's what I'm up to. Still jerking around with this stuff. Well... you gotta do, what you gotta do.  It's almost done. ( I keep saying that, one of these days it will be true.) Thanks for reading my posts.

AG