Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Print Files


Constable Warren Garden Gnome in terracotta, before the molds were made for casting him in concrete.

Publishing update:

The print files are almost done. I've been conforming all the materials to match both design and size specifications. I know I've done all this multiple times, but if one change occurs, it negates all the other work, particularly if that change has to be implemented in all the adjacent files, across the entire collection (ie; 900 pages) So what this means is; all the possible changes have taken place... hopefully. 

As I mentioned before, there is a substantial amount of artwork for illustration panels that still needs to be done for the entire collection to be finished. But what I have done, is to complete all the other layout work, and to set up the files so that inserting the finished panels is as easy as dropping them in, without that effecting the publishing layout beyond updating that particular page. I'll post a sample page to exemplify what I am saying.

So now I am building the Gnome-Sized Book Files. Initially, I just reduced the size at the printers, but now I realize that I need the Master Files to be properly sized, so the printers do not have to do any of that. This will eniminate any mistakes, something that has cropped up numerous times in printing previous prototypes. I've made a concerted effort to solve all those problems on the front end, making the printing, practically a plug and play operation. Well, we'll see. AG