Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Saturday, February 6, 2021

The Three Volume Illustrated Storybook

I have been preparing to print the entire collection, as a prototype in order to price out the end product. I set the pricing at what I thought would be the most anyone might be willing to pay, taking into account the different number of pages in each volume. I expect that I will need to achieve​ a certain level of sales in order to publish a production quantity that is sufficient to bring the end cost into line with the budget. Basically, that means I will need distributors to issue purchase orders in the tens of thousands or more. It's​ really at the point where I cannot deal with small quantity sales at all. IMS Publishing is strictly wholesale. I have built a pricing schedule that works for smaller retail quantities, but the expectation of a full keystone cannot happen without a minimum of 25k units. Obviously, on a distributor can issue a purchase order for that number of books. But I'm not even certain that the books can be produced, even with that quantity, to meet the budget. It's very possible that the printing will need to go to web in order to bring the wholesale price in line for a fully keystone. MSRP Pricing is; $29.95 for Volume One, $34.95 for Volume Two and $39.95 for Volume Three. The whole collection is between 800 & 900 fully illustrated full color pages. So as you can imagine, it is an expensive collection of books to publish.

More later. AG