Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Friday, May 24, 2019

Thoughts about Producing

   For the last few days I was working on producing activities. Even though I always was very focused on and interested in producing, I find that today I have been working on some of the layout adjustments and design for the books. I find myself to be much more calm and happy doing that.

Producing is stressful... always thinking about money or trying to figure out where the resources are going to come from to do what needs to be done. It's a bit of a drag, really. Especially when the numbers start getting bigger and the forward momentum becomes increasingly dependent on those resources being in place. Although I have to say it's a rush getting things done when the resources are there and that's not a concern. It's only when you get close to running on empty that everything gets all jammed up.

   This whole thing is at the point where substantial resources are called for. Once you start to staff a production things start hopping. You just can't do that without the budget in place. It's like a Catch 22. You need the budget to raise the budget to make the budget. There's a certain amount of guess work involved.

I could use a hundred grand right about now. Hopefully that would buy enough gas to get to the next town.

AG