Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Promotional materials

  I've decided to concentrate on publishing the promotional materials before taking The Big People's Edition of Volume One to press.

  I had an epiphany regarding the presentation of the materials. When I published The Gnome-sized Edition, it was  (essentially) because it was cheaper to do so. But, it was also in order to provide an alternative to the person who wants to buy a book. There is The Big People's Book, with an MSRP of $19.95 and the Gnome-sized Book, with MSRP of $7.95.

  I wish I could sell the books for less, but there is so much artwork on every page, that it is more expensive to produce the books. The only way I can possibly bring the price down is is my initial printing quantities are over 100k units. That means I need to presell those quantities before we go to press. I haven't yet priced those quantities, because at those numbers, the books need to go to a web printer. That also means significant more pre-press layout work. As it stands now, the layout has been set-up for digital printing, but can also be used for off-set.

    I've decided to reserve the digital editions for the Signed & Numbered Limited Editions, while the off-set & web are for the unlimited books. Now there is a difference in the look of the books, between digital and press. The saturation and resolution is crisper with digital, but it is too expensive to produce for general release. I'd have to get fifty bucks per book. So, the Signed & Numbered Editions are priced higher, because they are used to fund the remaining artwork for the rest of the book series.

   So, the promotional materials contain an abrieviated sample of the book, along with other sample materials and pricing for other products that are being manufactured.

    I will be selectively sending those materials out in an attempt to secure pre-press orders. If we can kick the production numbers over 100k we may be able to bring the MSRP down, but that has to happen before printing, otherwise the barcodes will be set.

   If you are a distributor and you'd like to talk, let me know.

You can use my email; image.of.the.mind.studios@gmail.com or send a communique via mail to; Image of the Mind Studios, 1325 Industrial Boulevard, Building #3, Southampton PA 18966

If you're on the road, stop in (m-f 9-5).