Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Beginning to Design

 
   The Illustrated Storybooks represent the foundational design of the piece. Since I am in the process of building the Studio, I believe that designing the show to fit on the 20' x 18' green screen stage that I am installing is the best approach. This was always the plan, but I wavered a bit, wishing to be working with an actual theatre. That being said, I am looking to buy a theatre and transfer my studio into a building that has a stage which can handle a real audience when the time is right. I'm not sure how that would happen, but it's good dream.

   Although I'd like to see the show presented for a live audience, we will have to settle for producing it for the cameras as part of the development process. That means it may be a blending of puppetry, animation and live performance, designed primarily as a proposal tool, but maybe also part of the e-Storybook.  I'm almost set up for HDV, having the cameras and editing suite, but needing to isolate and set up a separate processor for FCP and another one for a rack mount booth setup. I also need to rig the stage and install the electrics, battens and tormentors & teasers. I have sufficient conventional quartz instruments, but I expect that I will have to upgrade to LED.

   I am examining the situation with frequency interference from the lighting, so that needs to be resolved. 


   For the most part, I expect to stay focused on The Gnomes of New Hope and continue with other projects as secondary goals. Once the published Storybooks get into gear, I will be taking a break and work on other "shop" projects, until returning to the Gnomes becomes clear due to demand.

AG