Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Binding...

Here's the Libretto and the drafts of the Score

UPDATE 2/20/24;

   As I have mentioned in numerous other posts, the Illustrated Storybooks will be Hand-Stitched. I've discussed just how much superior this binding is to machine bound books, so I will be striving to keep ALL the books Hand-Stitched. This means I will need to be hiring people to stitch books, It's easy and fun. I will be paying piecework, meaning anyone stitching books will be paid for each book they stitch. If you would like to stitch books, send me an email and we can talk about it. My first goal is to put one thousand collections on the shelf... that amounts to seven thousand books, because the full collection consists of seven books. We already have at least four books ready for production and the other three books are almost ready to begin publishing and binding.  We are setting up and maintaining production facilities in Southampton Pennsylvania. AG


ARCHIVE;

 Since I am engaged in finalizing the core materials and refining the production line (along with other studio activities) I continue to post my thoughts here, where I address subjects directly, as if I were speaking directly to the business partners who are or will be involved in this project.  I find, for myself, that this is the best approach to conveying my positions directly and that by so doing, the people I talk to on any of these subjects, are already appraised of my thinking and what we need to do.  Certainly, I can communicate directly at any time, via email or telephone, so don't hesitate to reach out and be specific if we need to advance our activities or relationship. (text first, I get too many distracting solicitations calls.)

   The other side of it is that; I work out of my studio, so if we need to get down to it, you are invited to visit me to discuss matters.  But please communicate with me first, if you intend , or want, to pay a visit.  Without doing so first, it may be a wasted trip, as I do work on-the-road on a regular basis and I never know when I will be called away.

    I have come up with a method of production that looks to be a viable approach to the Hand-stitched Books.  So the specifications for suppliers of the printed product are now set to accommodate our binding operation. I still need to do time studies to determine turn-around.

   As it stands now, I will be building inventory up to one thousand of each book on the shelf, before we release them for Retail distribution.  That quantity needs to remain as our in-house production number. I can do more if I receive orders from one or more distributors, but as it stands now, we will keep publishing and binding in house, until such time as the quantities become too much to handle.  Given that manufacturing times for larger quantities involve months for turn around, any distributor who may seek to have us deliver higher quantities will need to make that known, so that when we enter into building inventory, we can take that into account.  Books can be ordered directly from the Studio at any time for Direct Sales at the current MSRP of $34.95 plus shipping (with no discounts).  Wholesale pricing begins at One Gross.

   You can see from my last post that I haver other matters to attend to, so delivering books for retail distribution, although important, is not on the top of the list, mainly because meeting retail demands is distracting from film & theatre production. That would be a reason to job out the books,  but, distribution at the wholesale level needs to take place through IMS.  It's all about the numbers and quality control. That subject is open to discussion.

    I would like to avoid delays in being able to deliver product, so a heads up is a good idea. Otherwise I will just settle into distributing quantities that I am comfortable with (as opposed to large scale distribution).  I will not deplete IMS inventory for any one buyer, since I also need to sell individual books connected to the Signed and Numbered Editions. So if you are a buyer who would seek quantities higher than 250 units (of each book), let me know so I can prepare for that. Obviously, larger quantities and other distribution scenarios require discussion.

AG