Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Watercolors

    So, we have begun transferring the sketches over to watercolor paper. In the previous artwork, I would take the scanned B&W line drawings, which are enhanced sketches, and process them in Photoshop.  Once I cleaned the line drawings up, I would print them out on watercolor paper.  Well, this time around, I have concluded that it is more cost effective just to have the sketches transferred directly to watercolor paper via pencil. The time I had to spend preparing and printing the watercolor line drawings actually cost me more than paying Jency to redraw the artwork onto watercolor paper.  

   The other advantage of drawing, as opposed to printing, is that corrections and adjustments can be made before applying the watercolor.  I like the time to consider whether or not a drawing needs adjustment and having the pencil drawings rather than a printed blank makes corrections possible. At this stage,  corrections are a very good option to have.

   I'm inclined to proceed with animation using classic methods, simply because I can't see how CGI can maintain the aesthetics that we have achieved with these watercolors. I could be wrong, but I was trained in early techniques using 16mm and I find the early animation work to be enthralling. I do have sufficient computer technology and programs to pursue CGI, but I am not certain about the best way to proceed. I'm inclined to do some sample animations and to see how it all can be merged. We are looking at puppetry as an element and with the green-screen, we can do live action and convert that into animation using various techniques.

    I guess we'll see how it pans out. I'm always open to discussing this with other producers experienced in these arenas, as well as distribution.

AG