Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Puppetry

   I woke up thinking about the future of The Gnomes of New Hope after we finish the Illustrations for the books. I said to Jency that we will still need to paint the drops for the "shows".  Well, "shows" means the various kinds of shows that we need to present. Yes, The Gnomes project (overall) is a stage musical and the one difficulty that presents (for me) is the actors. After a spending time crafting the books and doing a production breakdown for the stage show, I came to realize that finding actors that are of the appropriate size to portray gnomes, may pose a difficulty.

   So, that being the case, one version of the show is a puppetry presentation. I am building a green screen/sound stage in the studio, in part for that reason.

   I have been building IMS since 1977. For a time I was making films, using 16mm, which was followed by video, and writing a number screenplays, before or almost at the same time as I was writing for the stage. In addition to this, I spent much time gathering the supplies necessary to build a theatre.

    Without going into depth on this subject here, I now have sufficient warehouse space to install a stage, which is in process. I will discuss this further on the IMS Virtual Studio blog.

   All this leads me to say, I am looking for people who are interested in building and operating puppets. One aspect of this is that I am also in the process of buying a machine shop. My plan is to engage in animatronics and robotics with the machine shop and to apply that to the puppetry of The Gnomes of New Hope. So if you are interested in being involved, send me an email at; image.of.the.mind.studios@gmail.com and we will engage is discussions on this subject. 

  I will address this subject again in the future.

AG 🎬🎶🎭