Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Friday, March 18, 2022

Spring has arrived! Update

Well, as I've spoken about before, we have moved into filling out the missing artwork for the remaining illustrations. We art doing sketches, guided by the description panels. My work of steering up the files to accommodate insertion of New art had paid off and inserting the sketches is quite easy. Of course, I am modifying the sketches as needed to adjust the position, size and sometimes the shape of the components. 

The current approach is to move into the illustration panels one small step at a time. I am attempting to advance all the illustrations required to complete the collection simultaneously. I have described the status of the books (in regard to illustrations) below, so I won't do it again.

I am preparing to print the entire collection and right now I am constructing and inventorying the book covers for the Hand-stitched version of the books. I am striving to (ultimately) inventory 500-1k books, since constructing the Hand-stitched books is laborious enough as to cause delays in shipping.

I am uncertain as to whether or not the entire collection, meaning those books being sold by retailers, will need to be Hand-stitched or Machine- bound. Theoretically, the market will absorb both versions, but I personally feel the Hand-stitched is a superior presentation. That version simple has a more excellent feel to it. It is more costly, so that may be a factor, but also the limitations because hand-stiching books is more time-consuming. For now, I am Hand-stiching. When a distributor place a large order for Machine-bound books, well, then they will be mass produced in that fashion. All the technical layouts are finished for both Hand-stitched and Machine-bound books in both Gnome-sized and Big People books.

So I am moving forward to publish the book for the purpose of inventory. When the illustrations are complete, the books will be released to the public.

AG