Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Sunday, May 10, 2020

An Exciting Development

Now that the e-Storybook is advancing, I will be looking more at the stage production. But I'm also addressing the parade float.

I'm not sure what happened with the alignment. I'll fix it later.
Here is an update:

 I stumbled upon an exciting capability that I have. As you may have read, I've been developing the e-Storybook using PowerPoint. I'm very satisfied with the presentation, especially the "page turn" effect. But I have struggled with certain DRM issues and how to deliver the end product. I have more or less concluded that the end product needs to be a movie and not a document. As a document, I can insert the A/V elements, but as a document there are various issues of access, file size, file security and other things of importance. Unfortunately, (as far as I know) I cannot implement links within a movie, but by using a "Subscription Page" I can craft that page to include links to both documents (order forms, flyers, show tickets) and videos (e-Storybook, promotional, documentaries). 
So my discovery is that iMovie can import PowerPoint, along with all the effects and synchronized audio. 
Unfortunately, the audio is not as good as I'd like, but that may be a result of my recording environment. I'm not using an isolation booth, because I haven't built that yet, but my equipment is very good. However, I used the "record audio" function in PowerPoint, which I am not certain of. I can move that recording over to Digital Performer or possibly boot DP and narrate into DP while implementing the page turn functions in PowerPoint. I'm not sure yet how to approach the Audio Book. If I were to guess, I think I'll create the e-Storybook using PowerPoint and the re-record the Audio Book with DP, particularly after I build another sound booth.

But it is exciting to realize that it won't be long before I post a promotional video that exemplifies the e-Storybook.

AG