Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Gnomefication

I had an enjoyable conversation yesterday about Gnomefication. You may have come across the term in some other posts or documents.

I have often thought about letting people become "Gnomefied".  Essentially this is akin to a characture, except that; those people who contribute to our production expenses (via an undetermined investment) would not only be Gnomified, but would also appear in the animated film.

In the discussion yesterday, my friends were very excited about being Gnomified and wanted me to make puppets of people who were Gnomified. Interestingly enough, this is not out of the realm of possibility.

Since I'm posting this from my smartphone, I cannot easily post photos (the last ten attempts failed) but if you go to the Facebook page, you will see some discussions and photos about puppetry.

Let me just say that I am investigating 3D printing for various projects, including it's application to puppetry, figurines of our characters, animation, and other product prototyping. So, Gnomifying a person and printing out a puppet head seems like something that could be done. It's not cheap, but it could be done.

We'll see what happens. AG