Copyright Notice

This is to proclaim that all materials posted on this blog are property of and copyrighted by Image of the Mind Studios/Arthur Greisiger .
These materials may not be reproduced or copied without permission. They are posted here for you personal review only.

.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Illustrated Storybook, status report

I've been on the layout of this for weeks, after switching off of doing scoring. The design is very encouraging and I'm trying to assess the paper weight as it pertains to the thickness of the editions and binding.  The Storybook will be a three volume set. There is at least one illustration on each page not including the backdrop. Volume One is currently between 90 and 100 pages. At some point I will post a sample page here along with the book sleeve.  The first prototype will be a hardback and I will post photographs of that when it is done. I am setting op a binding operation for our in-house publishing capabilities. I have a potential outlet for the product we produce which looks like I will need to be able to produce 50k units. I rather have a major publisher produce 500k with all the marketing support, but I'll move forward anyway if that deal doesn't come to the table.

In the absence of a major publisher who can guarantee international distribution and offer a beneficial income package to IMS, then I will be initiating IMS Publishing as the distributor. If I attach an IBSN to the project then that will be the case. In any event Signed Limited Editions will reside with IMS.

Volume One is an introduction to The Gnomes of New Hope, Volume Two is a narrative version of Act One of the Libretto and Volume Three is essentially Act Two of the Libretto but will contain a Prequel titled The Stone of Wisdom.

I will make this available to our business partners and investors on DVD and I invite serious interested parties to consider a visit to the studio in Southampton, Pennsylvania.

I need to support a 40k sq ft industrial building and a 20k sq ft studio operation and all that goes with that, so if you are serious about being involved, don't waste my time with trivialities and (for lack of a better term) BS.

More Later...  AG